The economic recession caused by the coronavirus lockdowns brought new and unexpected challenges to the business and financial aspects of running a parish. Helping our parishes navigate these troubled waters became a top priority for our Business and Finance teams.
- Developed financial and legal guidance and individual support to navigate the CARES ACT and Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loans, in particular, for parishes, schools, seminaries, cemeteries.
- Supported the successful access of PPP loans for nearly 90 parishes and other entities in the archdiocese.
- Mobilized the Irrevocable Revolving Fund Trust Committee in an emergency effort to establish a parish relief loan fund.
- Consulted in group meetings and one on one with parishes and other entities on sufficiency of cash reserves.
- Established infrastructure/processes to support development and communications efforts to help parishes initiate and maximize online giving and establish electronic transfer of funds.
- Provided technology for multiple COVID-19 related efforts including internet access in a quarantine shelter for seminarians and priests forced to return from Rome, and streaming Masses and funerals from Mount Olivet Cemetery.