Our HR/People & Culture team has been helping our staff and parishes on two fronts: navigating health and medical insurance issues during a pandemic, and sensitive employment-related topics during an unexpected economic recession.
- Ensured that credible and reliable employment-related information was available to parish leadership and employees. From navigating new legislation to crafting on-the-spot policy, the team ensured that pay and benefits remain nimble, accurate, and timely.
- Supported a major reconfiguration of roles and responsibilities at the archdiocese level, asking at every turn, how do we enhance our responses to the administrative and cultural needs of those we serve.
- Continued to build approvals and workflows into our HRIS system and put new efficiencies into many processes while retaining their flexibility and sustainability. Continuing the unique configuration of this centralized system allowed us to build out a benefits enrollment module for our 2020-2021 benefits enrollment period.
- Further review of cost savings for the parishes with our vendors and insights into opportunities for employee health highlights that we can continue to services through and beyond COVID.
- Better and more frequent conversations and coaching moments with pastors and business managers as new and unique situations have prompted different ways of looking at existing points of compliance and best practices.